Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hard Workers

A few weeks ago I took my camera along on a Saturday morning at Feed My Starving Children with grandchildren Nate and Ellie. After I took the photo of Nate I noticed that the camera lens did not stow itself like it should. The camera had to go back to Canon for repairs (fortunately covered under warranty) and I forgot to look at the photos on the card.

Seeing the pictures after the camera came back, I was reminded of what a great morning we had. The group set a record for the number of boxes per person that we packed. Ellie & Nate were a big part of that.

Nate was a box runner. His job was to make sure that the packing tables never ran out of boxes. He was flying around the room to keep up with all the packers and we never had to wait for a new box.

Ellie was part of the box packing crew. At first she had no help with packing the box. Despite the fact that she isn't quite tall enough to reach over the lip of the box to reach the box bottom, it was tough to seal food bags fast enough to keep up with her.

I'm really proud of these two. They really put their heart and soul into their work and they understand that they are playing an important part in providing food for people who are in need.

I have great grand-kids (and no, I'm NOT prejudiced) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment