Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Transitioning

The first Sunday that we visited Church of the Resurrection, I told Pastor Bob that we weren’t sure where God was calling us to serve Him – we just knew that he had made it clear that it was time to move on. We could hardly know then what blessings He had in mind for us as He made it clear that COR was the place he was calling us to serve.

This week God made it clear that it was time for another transition in our lives. I’ve been the entire computer support team at the Museum of Northern Arizona for almost 11 years, but the museum made the decision that IT support needed to be outsourced as a cost-saving measure. I’ll leave it to others to judge the soundness of that decision for MNA, but what is clear is that God is saying it’s time to serve in some other capacity.

COR First Snow

This morning we went to worship through the first real snow storm of the season. I knew it would be good to be in God’s house, but I was unprepared for just how good it would be. The genuine compassion and caring of this congregation is just amazing. Even more amazing is the resources that God has put there which fit so well with our need. One member is an expert in resume preparation at the university and is reviewing my resume. A couple of other members have contacts that they have already spoken with on my behalf. How could we have known all those months ago that God was putting us into just the right place at the right time for what was coming?

Today was “Thanksgiving Sunday” and I was asked to offer the prayer of thanks during the service. God game me words that I didn’t know I had to offer thanks for his incredible goodness. After the service, He demonstrated that with the words of encouragement and offers of assistance that we received.

Do we know yet where I’m supposed to serve next? No, but we have confidence that the God who loves us so much that he sacrificed his own Son, and who knows us so well that he counts the hairs on our head, will show us the way and provide for our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment