Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

Back Home Again

We're back in the Netherlands again. We arrived yesterday afternoon and even though we've been pretty tired, it feels great to be here again. It always feels very natural, like I'm "home". I still remember how I felt homesick already the night before we left 3 1/2 years ago as I thought about leaving this place. It's wonderful to be back.

I think we started this trip even more exhausted than other times when we've come to Europe. Today's visit to Den Haag has shown that we are much more out of conditioning for this kind of thing than we had figured. The "market crawl" followed by the "museum crawl" are much harder than walking a lot of miles.

For tonight, I'll share just one photo from the day and I'll see what I can make time/energy for tomorrow.

This is Linda, as we walked along one of the pedestrian-only shopping streets. Note the stroopwafel stand in the background.

Okay, just one more. Buildings reflected in the canal between the lily pads.



No comments:

Post a Comment