Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Snow!

Extol the Lord, O Jerusalem!
Praise your God, O Zion!
He sends the snow that is white like wool;
he spreads the frost that is white like ashes.
He throws his hailstones like crumbs.
Who can withstand the cold wind he sends?
He then orders it all to melt;
he breathes on it, and the water flows.
Praise the Lord!
Psalm 147 v12, 16-18, 20

I don't know what it is about snow that is so magical. I've never been tempted to ski, although tubing is pretty fun, but just looking at it is wonderful. Even shoveling is actually fun, and to see it on the San Francisco Peaks - well that is what brought Psalm 147 to mind.

 
The view from my office window this morning.

Somehow I never get tired of this view.
The "Coops" at MNA.
The evening sun from the west gives the peaks a magical glow when the trees are full of snow.
Of course, it's not all fun. This morning when I left for work the whole driveway looked like the left side. When I got home the city plow had built a wall across it like the right side and I had to shovel my way in.

No comments:

Post a Comment