Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Aircooled Cruise Night

I'm not sure if it was jet-lag or that Google changed the Blogger interface to Dutch (it can't be my fault), but at any rate I forgot to mention the close of our first full day in the Netherlands.

The timing of our trip meant that we could participate in the first Aircooled Cruise Night of the spring. This is gathering of Volkswagen nuts from around the Netherlands that takes place in Zevenhuizen. We got to see some great cars and meet some great people. VW people are fun no matter where you are.

The first vehicle we encountered was this unknown vehicle. I was intrigued by seeing on the sign that it was a 914. Since my Dutch isn't very good, I was thinking it might be built on a 914 platform. It turns out that it's powered by a 914 engine & transmission (with the ring gear flipped). An interesting ride that looks good from 50 feet, but I'd never think of buying it.



Here's some additional photos from the evening.
















Besides the owner of the unknown yellow car, we probably spent the most time talking with the owner of this bus. He's an Irishman who is married to a Dutch woman. He's lived in the Netherlands for about 11 years and this is his daily driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment