Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Red Rocks Classic

The Red Rocks Classic is a fun, low key, get-together of folks who own a Porsche 914, or wish they did. You don't need to be driving a 914 in order to attend, although for many the point is to get your 914 out on the road and stretch its legs. More than anything, it's a chance to get together face-to-face with folks that you otherwise only know from 914world.com. "Come for the cars, stay for the people" is kinda the slogan for this event. Mike & I make it a point to be there each year.

Here are some photos from our Saturday drive from Escalante, UT to Bryce National Park. Besides driving some great, twisty, roads we also make sure there are stops to enjoy the cars.















 My ride for the day was the green "teener" on the right, driven by my friend Mike Ginter.





 
The drive in the park included stops at a lot of overlooks.






 

 
And then there was more "car time".





And then we went for a hike on the "Navajo Loop", which includes the narrow "Wall Street" section.















What a great weekend! Next year my 914 should be on the road again, maybe Mike's too. I'm not sure where the event will be held, but the Red Rocks Classic is a "not to be missed" event.

1 comment:

  1. That really made me yearn for my old teener.....nice pics, great scenery, and I'm sure the "craic" was up to it's usual standards! I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete