Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Flowers & Beer

Yesterday when we came "home" from our adventures, our host met us at the door with a bouquet. She had remembered that we had mentioned that our trip was in celebration of our 40th wedding anniversary, so she got us these flowers.

Today we stopped by the Albert Heijn in Alphen aan den Rijn for coffee and a few other things. As we left the store an employee stopped us and made sure that we left with this bundle of tulips. It's Tweede Paasdag - Easter Monday - and we figure that they were giving away flowers in honor of the day since it's a pretty big deal here.

I promised that I'd have some beer "reviews" as part of this trip, so here's the first.

This was a delicious Belgian beer, much lighter and refreshing than I had thought it might be. I think I can get this one in the U.S. and it's definitely worth a revisit.


No comments:

Post a Comment